Sign in to follow this  
Typhy

1.8 16v Exhaust

At the moment the exhaust is totally standard. when the car is on the road im wanting to swap it to something that looks the same ( no silly back boxes ) but something that sounds a little meaner and purrs a little if u get my meaning =] nothing stupidly loud.

the car is on an on a 90 plate (registered in 89) so does this mean i can do away with the cat and have a cat bypass. if so could you reccomend some exhausts price range upto about 400 at a push =]

thanks alot hope you can help im a corrado newbie still =] luke.

Hi mate,

your car won't have a cat on it, it's too old. Mine doesn't either. There's a whole Definitive exhaust thread in the Engine Bay section, well worth a read.

IB4TL.

Just about to fit a Jetex on my 1990 valver, I'll let you know how I get on, noise fit etc.

I already have one on the VRT and it fits great, quiet but just a little over standard on the VR. With the turbo on you can hardly hear it!

You'll be fine with a 'Cat-back' exhaust. The cat is fitted as part of the down-pipe length so the rest of the exhaust is 'the same'. I've a stainless steel Milltek on my 1990 valver, it's Lurverly!

could you give me a link to this? i dont really want to change any of the maifold just the pipes under the car from the manifold.

It's a bit tricky to find the stuff online for a '90 valver (often gets listed as 2.0 16v?!) but if you ignore the incorrect photo in this link £320.95 inc.VAT seems quite good, try googling MVW024 (Edit: Don't bother, you get Zero results!). The stealth tailpipe is actually a nice oval. Just make sure the hangers are for hooks not bars. I bought mine online, not sure where from now, and paid an exhaust place £40 or £50 to fit it. 8)

If you are anywhere near Walsall then i can recommend MIJ Performance.

They can build and fit a stainless system for a Corrado while you wait (as long as you pre-book a time slot) for around £275 or less.

I've used them several times in the past for building and fitting exhaust systems on imported vehicles.