Sign in to follow this  
markp

rebuilding a g-lader

Hello,

I am about to rebuild my charger and just had a couple of quick questions...

What type of grease should I use to clean the internal parts? I want to be careful I don't use anything too abrasive.

I was also wondering if you need to use a gasket sealant when you put it back together or if the seals will be enough?

If there are any particular products that you could recommend to aid any part of the clean/rebuild process it would be appreciated.

Cheers

Get some decent circlip pliers for a start.

As for sealing you can always bond the oil seals in and use blue hylomar when you put the casings back together. I just use normal carb cleaner and a lot of soft clothes when cleaning mine out.

Also put the casings in the oven and the bearings in the freezer when putting the bearings in, should plop straight in. Same thing with the shaft, put it in the freezer and put the bearings in the oven. Will make it a lot easier.

Also a nice coating of Kluber grease on the internals will be good when you put it back together, not too much though.

G-ladersite.de do it. Cant remember exact address, they are very good if you havent used them before. Bought loads of stuff off them.