Sign in to follow this  
tombell999

headlights! anyone borad of the standard 1s?

guys, i dunno bout u lot but i am so bored of the standard headlights does any1 know where you can get some aftermarket 1s? not reli the angel eyes as i dont really agree with those 1s but maybe some others :confused4:

ive just put a a small amout of black tint on mine for a cheap and quite easy job and you can always wipe it of with a bit of thines i also did the fogs and indcators looks good on dark cars.

Like most of the Corrado, I like it how it rolled out of the factory be honest. The only mod I'd consider doing is doing some black detailing around the edges of the reflectors to give the front a bit of a moodier look...

Now if only I could actually get my headlights OUT to get them apart... :|

If you do ever get them out Jim go satin or matt black, saw a set of gloss-black ones at players and so didn't look right, double shine (paint and then glass) if you see what I mean?

guys, i dunno bout u lot but i am so bored of the standard headlights does any1 know where you can get some aftermarket 1s? not reli the angel eyes as i dont really agree with those 1s but maybe some others :confused4:

I've seen a twin round headlamp mod done on a Corrado before.

Gives the front a Golf MK2 look.

Why can't you get your headlamps out? Has someone super glued them in or sumink?

Why can't you get your headlamps out? Has someone super glued them in or sumink?

Some of the screws holding them in are (I think) completely original and have rounded off - one of which is one the awkward one recessed down behind the slam panel. One day i'll take the front off the car to get to it but not that bothered for now!

so theres no where, where i cant can get headlights from that are maybe just clear plastc to give itt the crystal sorta look? u no what i mean? :)

so theres no where, where i cant can get headlights from that are maybe just clear plastc to give itt the crystal sorta look? u no what i mean? :)

In a word......no.

The only ones available are made by Inpro (but can be bought under various other brand names) which have Angel Eye rings around each beam.

These are not Inpro but are available from American suppliers:-

LHPCDO90YD.gif

im just haveing my standard ones modified with some super brite white l.e.ds along the bottom of the lense inside and a few up the side if that makes sense. hopefully they will look a bit audi r8 ish. i will put some pics on when i get them back. and if any one is intrested he is very well price for all audio alarms and such.

The other ones are made by Sonar (Junyan) not Solar, and are cheaper but not as good-quality as the In-Pro's.

There is already ready-to-fit super-bright LED runnng lights (a la Audi R8 / S5) available for either retro-fitting to bumper or inside headlights.