Sign in to follow this  
Zeakuole

Borbet 9J all around VR6?

ok so i ended up spinning my car into a curb and ended up snapping off-side stub axle/hub and disc and ruining my Audi A3 Turbo wheel (the fat 5-spoke ones)

which has left me in an interesting position, i really like the Borbet type A and much prefer the super deep dish 9" ones, however i have heard that you cannot fit the 9"s to the front on VR6s (which i have)

does anybody know if it is possible for 9" all around or will i have to go for the 7.5" fronts and 9" backs?

thanks

mark

PS: anybody driving in Cardiff, becareful at St. Andrews Place, travelling Cathays to town under the rail way when its wet. =p

I shaved my front caliper carriers down to get rid of the spacers on the front of mine and my fronts are only 7.5s but this will also help you.

Is your corrado lowered? If so then the overlap will be a problem due to rubbing.

Have you had anything done to your front arches?

I shaved my front caliper carriers down to get rid of the spacers on the front of mine and my fronts are only 7.5s but this will also help you.

Is your corrado lowered? If so then the overlap will be a problem due to rubbing.

I have a set of 7.5s and was going to use spacers when i get round to fitting them.. how easy is it to get the front calipers shaved down and where would do this? a normal garage? and is it still safe and MOT legal etc? cheers

I have a set of 7.5s and was going to use spacers when i get round to fitting them.. how easy is it to get the front calipers shaved down and where would do this? a normal garage? and is it still safe and MOT legal etc? cheers

it is safe and my corrado just passed an mot so yeh its fine

do it yourself with a file

heya thanks for replies, been away for a while.

thats good with the filing down of calipers, but yeah its been lowered 60mm i think, done by previous owner. which i can see will cause a bit of problem with rubbing. after a while of thinking, i'm pretty sure i'll be going with the 7.5s on the front. will make things easier and they're still more than wide enough :D

thansk everyone

and oh yeah

glad to say back on the road now. not too bad only cost £350, just need to get arch repainted after it was torn out :(