Sign in to follow this  
Gazman

Kiddie on the way: keep or sell Corrado?

keep it! use mine daily with a 2.5 year old and its fine. plus she likes to pretend to drive it on the drive. its all about getting them interested when their young lol

My wife finds if easier to get our 18month son in and out of my 3 door seat Arosa (no laughing) than her four door golf. This is because she can get in the car with him by tilting the seat forward whilst she sorts out the belts etc and you can hold him straight in front of you. When you put him in the golf you have to stand outside the car and bend down and twist to get him in which personally I hate and Helen who's 5ft4 finds it awkward compared. It is made worse because we have on street parking and so the height of the pavement makes it further to bend down. If I were you if you do get another car, try loading a small sack of potatoes in and out of it...

Keep the Corrado, it's only difficult for a few months :)

I've been lucky enough to keep my corrado over 5 years and two kids, but without the 4 door golf too we couldn't have managed it.

It's difficult to get to car seats in the back of a Corrado, checking seatbelt tensions etc and then they can't see out very well when they are that little bit older and want to. The Corrado uses more fuel and although it's never let me down (running out of petrol excluded!) I just don't feel as happy doing longer journeys with the kids in an older car.

I looked at BMW 3 series tourings and Audi A4 avants and even those couldn't accomodate a twin seat 3 wheel buggy with the luggage cover over it, we ended up getting a roof box for the golf which has been great for a weeks holiday away.

Despite what people might think, you never have enough space for the kids stuff, a large 3 wheel buggy is essential if you want to go anywhere other than perfectly smooth pavements or shopping centres, they are so much easier to push about.

I've borrowed my fathers A6 Avant and father-in-laws new shape mondeo hatch and they are great, so much more space for everything, but as we generally only do a few long runs with all of us a year, a mid size 4 door hatch is the best for us. And don't forget air-con, that helps no end when everyone's hot and bothered in the summer!

Firstly congratulations to you and Walesy.

Walesy have you announced that in it's own thread 'cause if so I missed it.

And now slightly off topic as I am sorry I have no experiance of children and Corrados

....it does actually surprise me alot how small and useless the boot is on the C, whenever I've tried to use it other than shopping I find myself cursing the fact that it looks usefull but is in actual fact rubbish....

I can't understand this at all. I'm sure some of you have seen the amount of stuff Kip and I cart around to shows let alone going 3 up (all adults, one over 6') to Germany with

2 tents

sleeping bags & air beds for 3

clothes etc bags for 5 nights away for 3

2 chairs

cooker, pots pans and a washing up bowl!!

Flag poles

Cleaning kit (parred down)

Some emergency kit (bleed kit, fluids, loads spare bulbs, fire extinguiser)

and to start with a banner frame though it began the journey on my lap :help: then was offloaded to another C (thanks Mic)

On the way back we also had tons of Nurbugring & Karmann souvenires thought we did ditch the pots, pans & washing up liquid to make a bit more room!!!!

If you want to get it in you can, the problem is the amount of comfort it leaves you with :cuckoo:

P.S. But there is no way I would want to squeeze a dog into that lot :eek: