Sign in to follow this  
simoss

Replacement Offside door, front wing and bumper..

Had a tangle in my VW Corrado 2.0 8V 1994 M plate (white). I've been offered a 16V H plate (white) to use for replacement parts. I need an offside door, front wing and front bumper. I've been told there were design modifications in 1992, but the door and bumper will be okay as a replacement. However the front wing may be different in profile? From photos they look the same but I'm not sure. :scratch: Help! Can the door, wing and bumper from the H reg 16v be used as a replacement for my M reg 8v or will have a problem.... Cheers Si.... :shrug:

Older wing will not have as pronounced of an arch. Its not significant but it is noticable. Bascially the old wing arch piece doens not stick out as far as the new style wing.

If you not running wide wheels then fit both the early wings to make it the same on both sides.

Great, thanks for the info. I'm on regular 16" alloys so fitting both wings seems a sensible solution. So nothing too significant other than the profile of the wheel arc.... I've done a bit more research and I understand there was also a redesign on the bumper? Any ideas, could it be something regarding the black plastic part that runs around the bottom of the bumper being slightly smaller on the later model? And while we're on the subject, do you agree the door should be pretty much a straight replacement. Thanks again....

Early bumpers had a "swage" line around it where as the later ones were smooth. The bit you speak about is the lower front spoiler which was 90mm deep on early cars but they changed to 50mm to prevent damage. They fit either car so donr worry. Its all just cosmetic changes and they should physically fit either late or early cars.

As for the colour match then as long as they are the same paint code is should be ok but i suspect they wont be exactly the same. You may have to do some T-cutting to get them near.