Sign in to follow this  
gt40mk1

Wiring diagram for powereed mirrors!

Hi Guys,

Can anybody direct me to a source for the wiring diagram for the powered wing mirrors on a '95 2.0l?

I've seen the topic about changing from 'old spec' to 'new spec' interiors, but I would still like to get hold of the wiring diagram, if one is available.

Cheers

This is from a well known American manual so drivers and passengers labels may be reversed and is quoted for 1992-1994 SLC which I think is VR6 but doesn't mean the wiring is necessarily different.

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfcorrado mirror diagram 001 (Large).jpg[/attachment:145u1kw2]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfcorrado mirror diagram 002 (Large).jpg[/attachment:145u1kw2]

Corrado mirror Sw. change (13) (Large).jpg[/attachment:145u1kw2]

My mirrors work left and right ok but the in/out, up/down movements are reverved. Apparently this can only be cured by rewiring the motors themselves,.......if that's your thing!!!! :lol:

Thanks for your reply. It's much appreciated.

Can you explain to me what the function of the 'clutch' is in the powered mirror?

Cheers

You only have one motor in each wing mirror. The clutch determines whether it moves 'left right' or 'up down'. And rewiring the motors is not a bad job - takes about 15mins on each side to do that.

JMC, Thanks for that info.

This question may seem a bit basic to you guys, but how do I remove the mirror glass without breaking it or damaging the motor and drive system?

Cheers

JMC, Thanks for that info.

This question may seem a bit basic to you guys, but how do I remove the mirror glass without breaking it or damaging the motor and drive system?

Cheers

Thats OK mate :D Removing the glass is a bit of a delicate operation. On mine, I put a strip of thick tape along the bottom and top of the mirror, and then slip a wide bit of springy metal (i use a metal ruler) between the mirror and mirror housing, and gradually lever it foward. The mirror then pops out, but it is a bit unpleasant the first time you try it as it feels as though you are going to crack the mirror. Trick is be firm but gentle :norty:

Hi JMC,

Thanks for the instructions for removing the glass. I need to replace them as they have both gone dull in areas and it looks as though water may have got in between the silver backing coat and the glass itself. Any suggestions where I can buy replacement glass at a reasonable price?

I've actually managed to get both mirrors working fine, thanks to everybody's help.

I'm very grateful for all of the help from you guys on the forum.

Cheers

Few options. Dealers (very expensive). Generic from Halfords etc and stick them over the original ones. Blue tint ones (from DDI in Canada which quite few have on here). TVR - apparently some of the TVRs have the same mirrors and it used to be the case that they were cheaper to buy through TVR than VW.