Sign in to follow this  
quicky1980

VR6 Rear Beam Width

I know that the vr6 and non vr rear beams differ slightly. Mainly the width.

I've just bought what was advertised as a "vr6" rear beam, but I'm worried its not so. How can I check? where is the part number found on it and what should the width be from one brake hub mount to the other? will the bentley manual state it?

image of the beam can be found here.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0074009731

thanks

You beat me you swine!! Sure it is a vr beam as it is from a regular on here. See my I want a vr beam thread. On the other hand it may not be one and I will take it off your hands for a fiver.

I know that the vr6 and non vr rear beams differ slightly. Mainly the width.

I've just bought what was advertised as a "vr6" rear beam, but I'm worried its not so. How can I check? where is the part number found on it and what should the width be from one brake hub mount to the other? will the bentley manual state it?

image of the beam can be found here.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0074009731

thanks

Sam

Its a VR6 beam because it came from a M Reg Corrado VR6 ADVERTISED HERE and you were looking at the 5 Stud Hubs that had been taken off it which pretty much confirms it remember the ones with ABS Sensors

Bobby

Ok, I wasn't sure if somehow it was a converted car ie from non vr to vr spec. but by the looks of it the car looks original. I'm wondering if the instrument cluster only works correctly on certain vr's? Only thought this due to the instrument cluster i had revved incorrectly on my vr.

I noticed that the vr you stripped had a different ecu and maf sensor to mine, I wonder if this means it sends a different pulse to the instrument cluster.

I wasn't doubting you Bobby, I was more doubting the previous owner.

I wrote down the part number from both my instrument cluster and yours. One set of clocks had two numbers the other had just one, but silly me can't remember which where from my cluster and from yours.

535 919 035 AM

535 919 042 AH

535 919 035 AK

I haven't got etka on this pc to find out