Sign in to follow this  
corrado g

What colour are the oil pressure switches in a 2.0 16v?

As above really, I think i was supplied the wrong one as its just failed. There are a few to choose from all with different ratings. Its the 9A engine. The wire coming out is blue/black if someone could check Iwould be greatful, cheers. 8)

Yes there are 2 switches, One operates the light and the other operates the oil light on the dash. I know one is a whiteish colour (the one that sits further towards the engine). The other one is whats causing the problem the one i got from GSF was brown, should it be blue? :?

Yes there are 2 switches, One operates the light and the other operates the oil light on the dash. I know one is a whiteish colour (the one that sits further towards the engine). The other one is whats causing the problem the one i got from GSF was brown, should it be blue? :?

blue is just a later part, slightly different value, but does the same job, the two switches are actually both low oil pressure warning switches, one is for low pressure at idle, the other at about 2000rpm, if it beeps on the dash as soon as you start the car it's the lowest value one bust (blue/brown), if it only beeps as the revs rise when you drive away it's the other one!