Sign in to follow this  
Chris

can i run 4 pots with my bbs rm's?

sorry if this is a silly question im not too clued up on brake upgrades. after having a ride in marcus's vrt ive decided i have to go this route so an upgrade will be nessessary

can i run 4 pot brakes with my bbs rm's? i really would like to keep these wheels. im using 2.0l 16v hubs and carriers at the mo with my 280's on a 4 stud pattern, not 5. if i can what do i need? im assuming a couple of spacers if its possible. ive been looking at 312's

Dont think 312's will fit behind 15's, have a look in the supplier forum for Wilwood Dynalites

Popular upgarde on MK1's was Rover Tomcat discs (4x100) and Volvo 340 Calipers (think they are 4-pot!) and all fit behind a 15!

Problem with the RM's could be a lack of space behind the Bucket...

RM's come seriously close to the standard 280mm calipers, both on the rear of the face and the inside of the basket, they had to fit lower profile wheel weights to the inside of the buckets when they balanced mine as the normal ones hit the calipers, there is only a few mm of space.

Nope, 312's will not fit behind 15" RM's. Only choice for upgrading brakes would be to go for set of Wilwood's or Hi-Spec brakes. Wilwood are quite expensive, but look here for 280mm Hi-Spec 4-pot conversion for £480.58 inc VAT, pretty reasonable. There was a set of Wilwood front brakes for sale few weeks back on here and they went for about £250. They sometimes come up for sale over on edition38 forum:

http://www.hispecbrake.co.uk/Conversion ... 5%20B4.htm