Sign in to follow this  
Flexso

Sub Feedback

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has come across this before and has a solution?

I have always had a sub in every car i have owned. But for some reason we I installed a sub into my rado I'm getting feedback. It sounds like a basey heart beat and is pretty much constant.

I have fed the live wire away from the phono leads and all others as I thought it might be that, but it hasnt solved the problem.

I really need someone help on this one. It driving me mad :mad2:

Thanks

Dunno if it will help, but when we installed one in my brothers rado, the phono cable got trapped in the rear seat hinge. So it split and made a connection with the metal (earthed itself). The sub made a right racket, including the exhaust noise through the speakers. Who needs a stainless when you can adjust the volume yourself :D

Ha ha, very true Ben. I will check the phono lines from front to back tonight. I'm pretty sure in saying they are fine though.

The only different item i have used this time round to last is a the power cable. I just cant understand it?

If you have spare leads, try them to see if it makes any difference. Just wire the battery cable on the outside of the car just to test it.

Check you have a really good clean earth on your sub amp and your head unit earth too... a big proportion of feedback problems are due ot dodgy earths.