Sign in to follow this  
Rick

Hydraulic clutch not ingaging

I have a 92 VW Eurovan, with the 2.5 litre Audi engine.

My clutch plate, pressure plate throw out bearing and slave cylinder were replaced about 10K miles ago.

My clutch is now only partially engaging (peddle pressure felt soft immediately prior to the problem) and I couldn't shift from neutral into gear.

I was able to get going by starting the vehicle in gear (clutch was partially engaged with clutch pedal to the floor).

I drove the vehicle and the clutch isn't slipping.

I've come to the conclusion that the master clutch cylinder needs replacing. However, a clutch line that runs from the master cylinder to the brake fluid reservoir doesn't appear to have (treaded) fittings.

Any advice about replacing the master cylinder and bleeding the system would be welcome... Regards...Patrick...

Hi there, on the Corrado the pipe that runs from the res to the master is just a push fit - bit worrying when your pressure bleeding but I've never had it come off... did the parts you changed above make any difference to the original problem? Did you use a genuine VW / ATE slave?

A faulty slave that is not changed asap will put extra pressure on the master so this is how yours may have failed but you should also check the pipe that runs between the master and slave for leaks and I would bleed the clutch again before you change any other parts - use an eezibleed kit.

The other thing that might have happened is the clutch fork is bent - this is unlikely tho unless the car was driven and really forced into gear because the clutch wasn't actuating fully...