Sign in to follow this  
C488ADO

fitting a touch screen car p.c into a corrado thread

Hi mate

Looking very cool indeed.... Have some questions if that's ok... Apologies if the lack of a blackberry C prohibits the asking of questions but that's nothing a tin of paint couldn't solve

1./ Why did you go for that processor specifically? I have been looking at the C7 Eden from Via and wondered if there was a reason for using this one instead.

2./ Any particular reason for the Seagate HDD? I was looking at using 16G CF (granted not as much space but how much will I need?)

3./ What do you envisage using the DVD drive for? Music etc?

4./ Are you running an amp of the main board or do you intend using the on board sound card/pci type sound card?

5./ How did you solve the issue of moving the heater controls etc down by "1 DIN"?

Also looking forward to seeing this finished up.. Like I say awesome skills.

what software is that you're running on the PC? Looks quite good...

the p.c software is standard windows xp the add on software is something called street deck, i must be honest i havent tried any of the others (although they do look good) havent had any issues with this one yet though!

Hi mate

Looking very cool indeed.... Have some questions if that's ok... Apologies if the lack of a blackberry C prohibits the asking of questions but that's nothing a tin of paint couldn't solve

1./ Why did you go for that processor specifically? I have been looking at the C7 Eden from Via and wondered if there was a reason for using this one instead.

2./ Any particular reason for the Seagate HDD? I was looking at using 16G CF (granted not as much space but how much will I need?)

3./ What do you envisage using the DVD drive for? Music etc?

4./ Are you running an amp of the main board or do you intend using the on board sound card/pci type sound card?

5./ How did you solve the issue of moving the heater controls etc down by "1 DIN"?

Also looking forward to seeing this finished up.. Like I say awesome skills.

wow!! lots of questions!! :D

umm

1) i got this stuff nearly 2 years ago and the specs etc have changed quite a bit it was what was on offer at the time and it was quite adaptable..

this looks quite good

http://linitx.com/viewproduct.php?prodid=12310

2) seagate was cheap end of im looking at a new hdd 150 gb they are so cheap now its unreal space well thats up to you i didnt think id use that but i have added so much music now i need more room i want to rip a few movies to it too why? i dont know just for one of those just in case maybe one day we go on a long journey etc etc lol i dont know

3) the dvd drive plays cd's etc and dvd's but it mainly is for ripping the tunes / movies to the hdd oh and adding software

4) i run a rockford fosgate amp i use a usb to 3.5mm jck converter which runs through a 24bit digital converter, i am looking at getting a better sound card so i can run true 5.1 surround sound, i would like to use the THX sound program as it is awesome

5) this was the easiest bit, it wasnt an issue at all ,i would definatly do it a slightly different way next time though, only in the way of how i stuck it in place to begin with , i thnk i would now plastic weld more stuff in and fill in with plastic to help build it stronger still finish it off in the same way though, i quite like the way it looks , i wanted to try and achieve a oem look, i know its not stright out of the factory look but it doesnt look maccy d's car park if you know what i mean.....

i fanyone would like more info on how it is doen i have no problem guding them through it i rekkon with all the tools in front of me this could be knocked out in 2-3 evenings onll due to the fact of letting things dry etc etc