Sign in to follow this  
Monoboy

VR6 Induction - BMC vs RamAir vs Turn2 - advice please

Hello all,

2 weeks of Vr6 ownership, no speeding tickets yet! Loving it.

Want to fiddle though. Am going to get an induction kit. I want a bit more noise, but not a lot, I don't want to sound Max Power and so am put off by the K&N and the like. Also not keen on putting a cone filter right next to a baking hot engine like most of the basic induction kits. So I've been looking at Turn2, the BMC one with the carbon can around the cone, and the RamAir (Pro-Ram I think), which take air from a better place altogether.

Turn2 seems great but is pricey. The only thing that puts me off the other 2 is that they don't specifically do a Corrado VR6 model, usually just the golf VR6. Is this an issue, are these things easy enough to fit in a Corrado? I don't want to have to fabricate parts or mes about, I just want to bolt it in.

Any thoughts? What have the rest of you done?

PS I know induction kits have been mentioned to death but I want a more sophisticated sound (ie not too noisy) and actually a few bhp more, so it's different to most of the other threads....

You'll actually be lucky to get many/any bhp just from an induction mod.

I had a Turn2 kit and it was superb - very pleased despite the quite high asking price.

Now I just have a modded air-box and k&n panel filter. A very good mod that lots of people recommend, and it only costs you the price of the panel filter.

Can't comment much on the other 2 mentioned though.

I had a BMC on my Civic Type-R and it sounded mental!

Not like a cone, and silent around town, but when the revs rose up it was magic.

Well built too.

IMO the BMC type are better than cone due to the fact they take air in from the front instead from around (although you could make a surround). I have a BMC and it is quiet until you put your foot down. It is max power loud but sounds very good on the v6 - better than a loud 4 cyl so I dont mind, & gained a few HP as well. They can be fitted to the C as I have seen them at Stealth Racing.

I like it but the gfriend mite not :D

Went for the BMC one in the end. Will let everyone know what it's like when I fit it.

Thanks for the advice all.

Went for the BMC one in the end. Will let everyone know what it's like when I fit it.

Thanks for the advice all.

ok keep us posted on it...............meantime i'll lock this one up :wink: