Sign in to follow this  
waynos

deals on wheels - discovery real time +1

That episode is something like 7 years old now. As a bit of trivia the buyer who walked away from the deal is actually a friend of mine.

That episode is something like 7 years old now. As a bit of trivia the buyer who walked away from the deal is actually a friend of mine.

I wouldn't have admitted that :lol

Yeah he bought one in Portsmouth a couple of months later. It was actually the same colour as the one I had. Sold it 2 years later when he couldn't fit his new baby's pram into it !

Turning up to view a car and being met by a camera crew would be a bit off-putting imo, but at least you'd be expecting the car to be reasonably good.

Although Andy was a genuine buyer he was told about the TV crew before he went to view the car, and obviously the filming was discussed with him before it the cameras went on. Frankly I think he was quite brave to point out the couple of things he wasn't happy about (and then subsequently walk away from the deal) considering the nature of the programme, as it did make him look picky - even though the faults were ones which most people would take issue with without cameras present.

I think I'm correct in saying that at the time that was filmed, he was the first buyer to ever walk away from a deal on DoW. It was a shame as the seller spent a small fortune correcting the steering problem, but that's the way the world spins sometimes.