Sign in to follow this  
LisaK

Noisy windscreen heater vents at high speed... any ideas?

I've only had this problem for the past couple of weeks but it is SERIOUSLY annoying. The vents sound like they are rattling/squeaking at high speed (70mph+), never at low speed, and the noise is there whether the fans are on or not. I've also noticed the passenger side of the windscreen doesn't clear very well when the fans are on full blast compared to the driver side. Is it just a case of a blocked vent or am I looking at something more serious? (No, I haven't attempted to look at it yet - I'm trying to hold it off as long as possible :lol:)

Any sensible suggestions are appreciated as my head hurts from trying to drown the sound out by turning my music up :gag:

Guess they're not shutting properly. Could be cable alignment...

Try diverting the air to another vent while driving. or open the mid dash board vent to relieve the pressure or something.

:(

Hmmm, mine makes noises sometimes and I can't remember how to fix it.

Does the slider go all the way one way but stop too early the other?

I'd be willing to shove my head under your dashboard as it were.... But you aren't terribly local.

The slider is a bit "sticky" towards the windscreen symbol but it has always been like that. The sliders and vent controls have no bearing on the noise it would seem as the noise is there at high speed whether the blowers are open/closed, on/off, feet/face/windscreen.

As for local... a good 2.5hrs :lol: Thanks for the offer anyways :)