Sign in to follow this  
dj_dubbin

g60 toothed belt conversion help needed.

im having trouble fitting this belt.some people of told me you get rid of the damping tensioner and you use a cambelt tensioner on the other one?the kit i got came with 1 cambelt tensioner,do i get rid of the top damping tensioner or does it stay.thanks in advance

Yep had nothing but trouble with mine, even leading to the destruction of one of my chargers, I am slowly collecting all the bits to change mine back to standard as I stupidly did a part ex with my old pulleys when i got the toothed belt.

I was running one plastic pulley on the tensioner bracket and one cambelt tensioner on the other pulley mount, with an adjustable link in place of the damper, as i was told by several people who supposedly knew what they where talking about that this was the best thing to do.

although I am now running the damper again and have not had one belt failure since, they where lasting a couple of months at the most before that.

And if you are running a Gates HTD belt get rid of it, and get a Gates GT3 belt, they are 30% stronger, and rated to higher RPM.