Sign in to follow this  
stevej

window trim

Hi

i am finding it difficult to get the black triangle of trim removed on the outside of the door which sits at the front of the window, above and in front of the door mirror & also the window seal that attaches to the top of the door skin at the base of the window.

any top tips

ta

yeah, but would suspect there is something else retaining it in position. just a bit worried about levering it in case i break it.

Triangle bit slides backwards about half an inch but it's a bit of a bastard, take care! They are still available but can't remember a price. The horizontal trim can then be removed, upwards, starting at one end, it can bend because there's a metal insert in it so take it steady and it should be re-useable. Prob easier with the window down. Enjoy :wave:

Triangle bit slides backwards about half an inch but it's a bit of a bastard, take care! They are still available but can't remember a price. The horizontal trim can then be removed, upwards, starting at one end, it can bend because there's a metal insert in it so take it steady and it should be re-useable. Prob easier with the window down. Enjoy :wave:

cheers, heres hoping it doesnt break, dont want to add anything else to the evergrowing list :eek:

well it came off. the passenger side came off dead easy, making me think there was soemthing a bit wierd going on. truns out its been off before, broken and glued back into place. so it came off.... it bits.. :scratch: