Sign in to follow this  
RichG60

First week of ownership and drivers side window broken!

Hi guys,

These are my symptoms, the drivers window is stuck about 10cm from the top, the window can be pulled up with no resistence and will then fall back to the position its stuck at. Clicking can be heard from the door and rear quarter relay. I have read through previous posts on the forum and it suggests that the mechanism needs to be replaced as the cable has snapped.

I haven't checked this yet but if this is the case where can I get hold of the mechanism? I guess I will have to get a complete unit with motor? Are these about £200 :shock:

Apart from that I'm very happy with her and glad I made the right choice, I have this beauty :-

download/file.php?id=60298&mode=view

Rich

sounds like the cable isn't connected, the plastic guides at the ends of the metal part the cable runs in, they snap off.

happened to mine, i just bought the assembly from ebay and it has been fine for over a year now.

i did take some photos and put them up somewhere of fitting etc

sounds like the cable isn't connected, the plastic guides at the ends of the metal part the cable runs in, they snap off.

happened to mine, i just bought the assembly from ebay and it has been fine for over a year now.

i did take some photos and put them up somewhere of fitting etc

Thanks for the advice, going to have a look today and splash the cash for a new part, at least I hope it should happen again soon if I go that root ha.

You bought Furkz old car then?

Enjoying it so far?

Yes thats right :), she is lovely bar the window issue and the alarm going off 3 times in the night because of the window lol

Was going to clean and condition the seats today / wet vac the carpets but the window comes first :(

Well the cable did snap and have temporarily wedged the window up. I have ordered a new assembly at a cost of £250! which includes new rubber mounts. At least it should last for a while now!

IMG_0126.jpg