Sign in to follow this  
VR6Joni

Calling clifford owners!!

Can someone do me a little favour and check voltage on the bonnet switch when it is open and closed as I have been getting false alarms due to this bonnet switch recently. I have 0V when the bonnet is open and 0.7V when it is closed (switch pressed down).

Thanks Jonathan

The clifford LED flash's 5 times when the ignition is turned on, in the manual fault code table this corresponds to bonnet or boot switch and I don't have a boot switch. My alarm is a concept 400, would be nice to know if anyone has any idea why I'm having this problem.

Call into source sounds and security mate they will do it in 10 min or give them a ring. if thats what the manual says them that will be it most likely.

will be bonnet switch if its connected to the right wire

boot is usually wired into the boot light so could be that as well if no diode fitted

if this is a common fault and happens very frequently then disconnect switch and leave for a week and see if that stops it

voltages about right so no worries there

any probs give us a call

stuart

will be bonnet switch if its connected to the right wire

boot is usually wired into the boot light so could be that as well if no diode fitted

if this is a common fault and happens very frequently then disconnect switch and leave for a week and see if that stops it

voltages about right so no worries there

any probs give us a call

stuart

Thanks a lot for the info, you were spot on with the boot switch theory, it was wired into same alarm input. The boot light was not clipped in properly and the ground for the bulb retainer was shorting to the body, now sorted. Now one happy C owner. :D :D :D