Sign in to follow this  
junkie

VDO Gauges

I cant find a definate answer sooo is this what i need to connect to the early Audi 80 5 bar oil pressure gauge so i have the oil pressure at the gauge and also retain according to the info the low level warning, which also will turn off the oil light once the engine is started. What size thread does it need to go onto the engine and where is the best place to mount it.

http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p1074 ... _info.html

Also where is the oil temp situated on a G60 as i will lose the MFA oil temp function to have it on the gauge instead.

Also i want to light them green, can green bulbs be bought or JMC is going to receive them to modify.

when i did mine i mounted the sender where the low pressure sender would be on the head, right next to the banjo bolt for the charger oil feed, i know on my 8v i put it onto the oil filter housing and used a t piece that i got from demon tweeks to screw the sender into then the oil pressure sender went into the other leg of the "T".

there are 2 senders on oil filter, i "think " the closest one to the front of the engine is oil pressure, the one behind it is the oil temp. but again please check.

normally the top of the engine the pressure will be lower than right down on the oil filter, i hope this helps a little, im sure there are more knowledgable people who have also done this.

as for the sender i got one off an old audi 80.

cheers