Sign in to follow this  
jaded2882

Tractor v Astra

I just found these pics from last year. Some rep prat in an Astra decided to overtake our work tractor, while the tractor was indicating... and turning right... The lad driving the tractor checked his mirror before he turned but the astra was going so fast he didn't see it. It hit the loader and the front wheel and amazingly the driver walked away from it. Bit of a difference between the 2 vehicles in the 'after' picture! Don't mess with tractors!

:)

I mounted a transit in a tractor once when I worked for an agricultural contractor. and a lad I know recently ended up parked on a blokes bonnet when they panicked and skidded across the road in front of him.

I'll try to dig my pictures out...

They really are unstoppable, the lad driving it felt a 'little bump' and saw the Astra spinning in circles in his mirror. I've had some people do crazy things to get past me when I've been driving it. An artic lorry crawled past me on a blind bend on a 60 limit road only the other day. Just be f*****g patient! I wouldn't mind but I try to pull in regularly to let people past!

Yeah, there were always a lot of halfwits around. Worst thing is when they totally underestimate the loader, especially with a flat 8 grab on.

....I wouldn't mind but I try to pull in regularly to let people past!

Fair play for that, there's a regular tractor driver who doesn't ever pull in that travels on the main road to where I work. Quite regularly there'll be a half mile queue of traffic travelling slowly behind him!!!

Bloody hell that is a mess.

To get to where my Mrs keeps her horses we have to go down a single track lane with blind bends so always very wary of tractors and stuff