Sign in to follow this  
jazzdevil

The Electric Mayhem (but sadly no Dr. Teeth)

...as above, sadly this thread bears no relation to that top Muppets band :?

Last week I started getting a weird feedback style squeal from the N/S/R speaker when I'm driving... I was still well under 50mph in traffic and spoiler was down, so not linked to the spoiler motor (presumably). I didn't have lights on or from memory the stereo... but rear was still sounding off like a mouse in a mangle, which it's continuned to do today too :(

...then, this morning the C was a little hesitant to start and sounded off the alarm as I tried to start it (prob. a sign of partial discharge in the cold as it's not been driven in 10 days). When I left work it didn't want to start at all and then the horn kicked in and stayed jammed on as I drove home, looking very much like the rush-hour c*ck, waving frantically in a vague attempt to say "honestly, i'm not really a t*at... I have no control over this". :confused4: :nono: :mad2:

I have to admit, when it comes to electrics I am beyond numptiness... I can re-wire a plug or change a bulb, but my skills very much end there.

Anyone have any similar experiences which could point me in the right direction? Are the two faults likely to be linked or separate? Should I just lay the car up for the winter and forget it??

Damn it.

Thanks.

...and for the record, yes - Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem were fab :cheers:

SS.jpg

Might be in the area over the weekend, can pop over and make innapropriate suggestions before scuttling off leaving you in a heap of wiring and fuses if you want?

that'd be great if you're about cheers chap... i can also give you back the torx drivers then too.

knock me a text or something and we'll take it from there.