Sign in to follow this  
Andy T

Anyone recommend an Windscreen Fitter in the N-West?

I need to get my windscreen replaced, my Insurer 'Highway' now uses Autoglass, a couple of years ago it was RAC. If I use a different company, they only pay £100 towards the cost!

Can anyone recommend a particular Autoglass centre in the Manchester/Stockport/Northwest area, that did a good job of fitting their windscreen? and did they use a Sekurit screen or something else?

Thanks

From everything I've read, i'm not going to even bother!

Does anyone know a corrado friendly Insurer that uses RAC for widscreens, or even lets you choose your own repairer? sods law that my MOT is due before my Insurance renewal..

From everything I've read, i'm not going to even bother!

Does anyone know a corrado friendly Insurer that uses RAC for widscreens, or even lets you choose your own repairer? sods law that my MOT is due before my Insurance renewal..

:clap: :clap:

Taking my chances with RAC, they managed to get authorisation from my insurer to pay the full amount less the £60 excess.

I've took the 'A' Pillar trims off to avoid any possible damage/scratching to them. They are very easy to remove, no need to do anything with B pillar trim!

Also bought a new outer seal & top trim from VW, in case RAC haven't. Only cost £28 in total for both.

btw, the left & right trims were £45 each! the dealer wasn't sure if they were still available.

So its fingers crossed for monday!

i had a new screen fitted today by screen saver, the screen they fitted came with the two side trims

Nice one, might be a genuine screen from VW then. Does it say VW on the glass?

Had a new screen fitted at RAC yesterday, fraid to report that they've not done as good a job as they did a few years back on my G60 :(

They've used glue or sealant to hold down the rubber trim where it starts to curve down the o/side A pillar, to about half way down, the glue is showing around the edges, hope it will clean off!

I've also got a wind whistling noise when driving above 30mph, think its due to a small gap between the n/side screen trim and rubber seal where it should overlap, can only think that the screen is slightly off centre :mad: At least the top trim and seal is neat and hasn't blown off on the motorway, as has happened to a few people on here!

last time I was at RAC I was delt with by the fitter that did the job and was shown the job inside the workshop when it was finished to make sure I was happy, all I got this time was an uninterested desk person who seemed to know nothing about the job, the car was put outside in the rain which made it impossible to properly check the car over for problems before driving away.

If I can't put the issues right myself I will take it back to them, but imagine all they would do is take the seal off and reglue it and fill any gaps with black silicone :scratch:

Avoid!

EDIT : I've also noticed that the lower middle screen trim is now cracked (the bit near the wiper arms) careless fuckers!