Sign in to follow this  
M23 Spire

Door locking nob?? (Sorry don't know what to call it)

All of a sudden the fuse keeps blowing that controls the electric windows and the central locking (traced from earlier posts by others, cheers) and I've replaced this a few times this afternoon as I've tried to suss out what the problem is.

Its defiantly? the central locking I think. Sometimes the passenger door doesn't lock when I use the fob, but will if I use the key.

Well anyway the pin / nob that pops up and down has been missing ever since I had the car and I think when it tries to lock it is catching on the inside of the trim. Would this cause the fuse to blow?

If so, how do I get at it to fit a replacement (any suggestions btw)

Cheers and Merry Humbug to all

Get the inside of a ball ppoint pen and stick over the pin to extend it. that should stop it catching, even if it doesn't look pretty.

Otherwise wack an advert up in the Wanted section on here.

The knob should just screw down onto the pin, if the pin is not sticking out through the hole in the door trim, remove the trim, then wrap some cotton around it and feed it up through the hole then you can pull the cotton and keep the pin in the middle of the hole...

The knob should just screw down onto the pin, if the pin is not sticking out through the hole in the door trim, remove the trim, then wrap some cotton around it and feed it up through the hole then you can pull the cotton and keep the pin in the middle of the hole...

Genius! Now why didn't I think of that last time I had the cards off, istead of trying to trap my goddamn fingers in the card! :brickwall:

Spire you will also need to spec early/late interior as the door pins changed... And also the plastic cuff if it's missing too!

Door trim off and back on. Thanks for the thread with diagram and info on how to do it.

New nob added and seems to be working just fine :D

I hope that is the end of it but knowing these cars, unlikely..