Sign in to follow this  
A1 VR6

Recommended VW Dealer in Herts

Went to Sheppards in Bishops Stortford today to buy a load of parts and they asked me if I was in the Corrado Club duly discounted everything I bought by 10%, and 50% off a battery (cost me £27.54 + vat) as they are getting rid of Varta stock as they are no longer designated a trade centre due to the new TPS setup.

Great service and nice friendly guys too who seem to have an interest in the older VW models which is in complete contrast to most VW dealers :o .

Looks like I'll be getting the top-mounts and A-Arms from there then!

Oh and avoid the Stealers in Loughton (Essex) as they seem either not to be able to read ETKA or are just rip off merchants! Wanted £114+VAT for a CV joint! Exchange! Guy at City Vag thinks he was quoting for drivshaft assembly! They quoted me £40+vat exchange!

Looks like I'll be getting the top-mounts and A-Arms from there then!

Oh and avoid the Stealers in Loughton (Essex) as they seem either not to be able to read ETKA or are just rip off merchants! Wanted £114+VAT for a CV joint! Exchange! Guy at City Vag thinks he was quoting for drivshaft assembly! They quoted me £40+vat exchange!

Abridge Loughton is a TPS centre Jon and you'd get a good deal if you could blag membership, I live half a mile from Abridge Harlow but they don't give discount which is why I use Sheppards :)

Keep forgetting you're so local Bill! (Now in Becton)

Didn't know that they (Adbridge) were TPS.. mind you at those prices I'd need TPS discount! :lol: Think their parts guy's not very good at "old" stuff!

Well B-Stort will be (Kind of) on my way to Hertford to get the KW's put on so may get them from there as soon as I have decided what Top-mounts/A-Arms I need

i always go to sheppards, they know me quite well now :lol:

always get at least 10% discount too and they always have a chat.