Sign in to follow this  
Joe_60

Help required please

I have a Kenwood headunit in my car that was working fine until last week when when it suddenly stopped. I have tested the headunit in 2 other cars which it both worked in so I know this isnt the problem. However when removing the headunit the first time to investigate I found that the previous owner has done a job with the wiring and the wires coming out of the standard connectores have all been cut and had new speaker wires wired in leaving it in a bit of a mess. The wiring is all tight down in there that I am worrying that I might have pulled some of these connections apart as there are a couple or random wires down there and lots of connections left over.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the radio or any advice that could help me.

Or even does anyone live round the midlands who could help me out. I would be willing to travel and pay them of course. :)

Thanks Joe

Sorry no power to the stereo.

Like I said it is definately working as I have tested in 2 other cars just to make sure.

Have you checked to see if there is voltage there, obviously there is not properly, and the simple stuff like the fuse.

Did you remove the fuse when you were removing it originally, if not i suspect the switched live from the ignition switch to be faulty, basically you earthed the switched live to the ignition switch and blew the contact on the switch, needs that wire moving onto another switch live. I have also done this previously too many times and i never learn, i have a permanent live to my ignition switch as you should do then all the other wires onto 1 contact, its only a matter of time till it goes too, borrowed time its called.