Sign in to follow this  
Merstham_VR6

Sunroof

Ok, so we've been experiencing very cold weather, thick frost which means only one thing, sunroof's don't open easily!

A few mornings ago I had my heaters on full and thought I might get some more air into the car by opening the sunroof only to find that it went clunk when I tried opening it tilt mode. From within the car only one side opened so I quickly closed it hoping that nothing had broken only to find that I now get a horrible rattle from the headlining built onto the sunroof on the drivers side. Yesterday morning I investigated it in more detail and found that I had snapped one of the "Sunroof Panel headliner trim lifters" straight off and it was lingering around the frame when opened fully. I realised that when I did open the sunroof a few morning's before the sunroof did tilt but only one side of the internal sunroof lining did.

Has anyone experience of this before? If so what did you do and how did you replace it? I'm thinking this may well be a part that is not replaceable unless I replace the entire frame but I hope not! I have seen replacements on www.ebay.co.uk for around £75.00

Rgds

Simon

Nope, but use the search mate, found this which talks about taking it apart, so you should be able to work out what's broken on yours and then head to one of the breaking threads and ask for your bit. I suspect most peeps will want to sell the unit as a whole though.

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=61911&p=846282&hilit=+sunroof+repair#p846282

This subject has been covered lots, so do an advanced search in topic titles only, using '+' infront of words you want to appear

eg: +sunroof +repair +mech*

Took the words out of my mouth!

Exactly, it has been covered many times before, which is probably why you haven't had much of a response. Have a look through the search (and be careful to double check how to use the search properly) and you'll find a ton of info.