Sign in to follow this  
Mark_Storm

25mm vs 28mm rear anti roll bar

I've done a quick search and have seen some threads covering this but I'd like to get some comments from people who have these fitted. The car is only used at weeekends and/or when I want to, so it's not a daily. I want better handling but don't want it to be too harsh. It's already lowered on FK Silverline coilovers and my intention is to fit a set of 17" alloys, although it's still on 15s at the mo

If you have standard front ARB a 25mm will be fine on the rear, the stiffer/thicker the bar is on the back the more the back end will oversteer.

Yeah I'm not planning to change the front due as I hear this causes the car to understeer. If 28mm is going to mess up the handling then that kinda defeats the object. 25mm seems the safe bet but has anyone tried just uprating the rear to 28mm without changing the front?

Forgot the guys name but he has the 28mm Neuspeed rear set to the hardest setting and standard front which he swears by, i personally feel a 25mm will be suffice Mark.

I have 25mm front and rear Neuspeed, the car only understeers in the wet, it makes it wash out easier, it does corner very well though on 17's with FK Konigsports lowered 50mmish, now i do want to change the rear to the 28mm as i have the 25mm now, all it will do for me is help the turn in to be a little more responsive.

I think _Leon_ also looked into this.

That's a pretty cool article, think I'll probably stay safe and go for a 25mm.

I have 25mm front and rear Neuspeed, the car only understeers in the wet, it makes it wash out easier, it does corner very well though on 17's with FK Konigsports lowered 50mmish, now i do want to change the rear to the 28mm as i have the 25mm now, all it will do for me is help the turn in to be a little more responsive.

Is your's going up for sale any time soon?

Not unless your going to buy the 28mm and do a swap, you should get new rose joints and bushes that you can fit to your car and swap me bars if you like.

Last service showed all the front bushes are starting to go so going to get the whole lot replaced before the MOT in March. If I can afford to I'll get this and have it fitted at the same time. Will let you know

What i meant was the ARB bushes you get you dont have any on your car now, the ARB you have now if you can call it that is built into the rear beam, the Neuspeed and every other make is an add on to the rear beam and ties the suspension struts together at the bottom suspension mount hole.