Sign in to follow this  
dannyboy709

my bloody alarm/central locking!!

hi all

im new to this forum just purchased a L plate vr6 from somerset love it too bits. Im actually after some advice as i have a list of jobs to do but first and most importantly the alarm and central locking. I know there are lots of posts relating to this subject but there not exactly the same as mine! i have an after market concept 50 or 60 full closure on it with the leds not door pins! my central locking does not work at all but the pump activates as it should with the alarm on stopping the car or using the key. itis all becoming a bit of a headache as the fob does nothing at all when pressin any of the five buttons. i replaced the battery in it (cheapest but most optamistic option lol) this done nothin. the alarm has a switch on the dash which i can still use to to activate the immoboliser and using the mannual the alarm does make noises using the right combination of up up down etc functions which makes me think the fob is the problem , i know it is now a dated alarm but i dont want to replace it if i can help due too not really having the cash to splash presently!!!! i also realise the central locking issue may just be a loose vacuum hose but as the key only fits the passenger door its a nightmare not bein able to lock the car up at night so wont be postin my post code !!! any advice wouyld be great guys thanks

danny

reprogramming a new remote is easy, it should be in your manual but if you need to reprogram it you input your code then hold the sprung side of your switch till the alarm beeps 1 time after about 3 seconds, now you are in program mode

so if your code is 2then you do the following

1: press sprung side twice and then latch once

2: immediatly press and hold sprung side for about 3 seconds until you hear a beep

3:now press latch side twice and wait for 2 beeps

4:press rocker side once(alarm will beep as you press switch)

5:now press alarm lock button and alarm should beep 2 chirps for confirmation if 1 chirp press lock button again

6;switch off ignition alarm will beep 5 times to confirm exiting from program mode

test remote

if this doesnt work if could be the remote but would need it to test it

try it if not pm me for my number and will try and talk you through it

stu