Sign in to follow this  
Maciek

MOONROOF REPAIR

Guys,

Can the moonroof be replaced without dealer assistance? I have an assembly from Germany, but I contacted my volkswagen dealer, who said the job will be 10 hours. WOOOOOOOWWWWWW, that's a lot of money. I also called my local vw repair shop, who said to call the dealer. What should I do? Should I attempt to do it on my own?

HELLLPPPP!!!!!

What exactly are you trying to do? Replace the original sunroof with the Passat moonroof, or repair a moonroof that's already been fitted?

If it's just repairing one that's already been fitted, then it shouldn't take much longer than fitting the roof in the first place (and that's worst case!) a lot of the problems can be fixed without removing it from the car, so it's a lot quicker...

Fitting a moon roof in place of the sunroof isn't tricky, but is work intensive... :? I did mine in about 3.5 hours having never done it before and before I found the forum... 10 hours is definately taking the £$%@, especially 'cos I did it all on my own! :?

I see... I am trying to repair my moon roof. I have a new assembly and roof, ready to go, how would I do it on my own? Don't you have to take the interior trim off and everything?

Thanks for the reply!

Maciek

yup, it also makes it easier if you take the front seats out and drop the rears down... Then it's a case of taking all the trim out around the roof lining, taking the lining out through the boot and then unbolting the mechanism...

I did do a guide here somewhere.... I'll see if I can find it... 8)