Sign in to follow this  
greasegriff

My quest for the perfect Storm! Now supercharged..

looking good :nuts: would love to stick one of these on mine too, you just need a bit of eye kandy in the form of a painted cam cover now :norty: got one spare if you fancy it!

Kip

As in the VR6 DOHC cover??

you sure cant beat the noise and excitement of a FI VR6! :tongue:

I'd go along with that! :D

Greasegriff - 296 sounds good and looks the part with wing vents! Would be interested to see the bhp and torque curves.

Did Vince set it up to run with MAF or have you gone MAFless?

looking good :nuts: would love to stick one of these on mine too, you just need a bit of eye kandy in the form of a painted cam cover now :norty: got one spare if you fancy it!

Kip

Yes mate, i had a small crack in one but had it plastic welded and then painted silver but while it was being done someone offered us another that was ready to go so we fitted that hence this spare one. £25 posted

you sure cant beat the noise and excitement of a FI VR6! :tongue:

I'd go along with that! :D

Greasegriff - 296 sounds good and looks the part with wing vents! Would be interested to see the bhp and torque curves.

Did Vince set it up to run with MAF or have you gone MAFless?

With MAF. I've heard this can lead to stalling issues but mine seems good so far.

Kip

Yes mate, i had a small crack in one but had it plastic welded and then painted silver but while it was being done someone offered us another that was ready to go so we fitted that hence this spare one. £25 posted

Sounds spot on mate. PM me payment details. Cheers :salute:

saw your car at stealth when I was picking up mine on Saturday. Was looking good mate.

liked the production line going on there, turbo kit replacing supercharger on one green storm, supercharger fitted straight into another green storm! :cheers:

saw your car at stealth when I was picking up mine on Saturday. Was looking good mate.

liked the production line going on there, turbo kit replacing supercharger on one green storm, supercharger fitted straight into another green storm! :cheers:

I know!! It was funny! Just wish I had the readies to go straight to turbo but hey ho, one day!! What were you having done??

I know!! It was funny! Just wish I had the readies to go straight to turbo but hey ho, one day!! What were you having done??

Just essentials so nothing exiting! Service that turned into a £1300 service :gag: . New radiator and exhaust plus some other bits n pieces. Car was standard but cost of VW exhaust versus jetex exhaust (£800 fitted or £360 fitted :cuckoo: ) has forced me down the modified path.

Now i keep wondering what what a schrick is like!!

I'll get you a couple of pics up tomorrow mate as there is a small paint fleck i'd rather you see first.

Just want to be totally honest really. but wont forget. :wink:

With MAF. I've heard this can lead to stalling issues but mine seems good so far.

Yeah - Vince advised me that some St1 V9 setups give pressure wave oscillation probs when MAF controlled and these are exagerated at St2 - which is why most St2's are MAFless. Vince also advised [2 yrs ago now] that he was working on tweaks for the MAF control at St2 to deal with the oscillations.

I've optimised mine to the 22" length of duct from centre of MAF to eye of blower suction which smooths oscillation and engine operation but seems to drop power slightly.

I modded my V9 delivery duct last year to fit the Schrick better and avoid rubbing on the O/S suspension tower. [see pic]

Image0041.jpg[/attachment:29p9dygj]

Did you go to the smaller 8psi St2 pulley then?