Sign in to follow this  
swanman

Electric Windows

Hi,

I have VR6 Golf, 93. Driving yesterday, hot day no AC so had the windows half down. Came to parking so shut the windows. Except rear left window does not respond still 1/3rd open. Check fuse all ok. Do the turning key in door to shut all windows. all shut except that one. Ignition off, next day start up nothing. Give the door a tap and play with all switches, nothing. So I have a window stuck open. :!:

Any ideas?

must be a problem with that corner then - actual winder motor/ mechanism probably?!! Don't know how to fix though - havn't even got electric windows :cry:

It's either a jammed mechanism, dodgy wiring (or connector) or a dead motor...

Take the door card off and have a look to make sure the multi wire connector is still attached and check it for voltage when you're trying to open or close the window.

Then try and open the window while pushing lightly on the top of the glass... If it moves, try to raise the window again... This may clear anything jamming the mechanism...

If neither of these work, then you're into the bigger job of checking out the motor and mechanism, which normally involves removing the glass and mechanism from the door :?

Good luck!

Removing rear door cards? I have no idea... I have no rear doors! :wink: :lol:

Removing rear door cards? I have no idea... I have no rear doors! :wink: :lol:

me neither 8)

Ha Ha :D

Corrados are 2 doors! Interesting. If you had this problem on your front, sorry only door how would you get that door card off.

Golf owner (4 doors).

Sorry, I couldn't resist that earlier... :lol:

You need to prise the cover off the plastic handle and there's 2 big screws behind that, then remove the door opening handle (it slides to one side to take it off) There's also a couple of screws along the edges of the panel. The panel is then clipped onto the door with hooks along the bottom, so lever from the top and see where else it's held on... I'll have a look at my Haynes manual tonight when I get home and add anything I've forgotten! 8)

Well got it off after a bit of tussling. All connectors seemed good. Followed the wires as they exit the door into a rubber sleeve then into the body of the car. Peeled back the rubber sleeve there was a a wire cut just hanging free. This wire matched the colour of one of the wires going to the motor. So that's it. The solution is beyond me. Sparky will have to get in there.

Still my window is still partially open. Any ideas on how to close it??