Sign in to follow this  
sim0n_parker

vr6 ecu imobiliser queation... sorry

hi, have a vr6 obd2 engine im currently in priocess of removing and installing into a corrrado 16v,

i have removed all the ecu and engine bay loom, and removed what ever doesnt go to the ecu. i.e all the lgiths washer jets indicators etc. as im using all my look for that, all i want is the ecu loom of the donar car.

i have the transponder unit and the black box of tricks,

one of the wires from the ecu plugs into the black box, and there is another wire that comes of the black box, acording to the autodata wring diagrams this is for the datalink connector? the 16pin one?

also there are 2 other wires, i take it these are ignition live and earth.?

and any links to point me in the right direction regarding the wiring of the obd2 16pin connector wiring would be gladly appreciated.

thank you

:)

also if yu are wondring why i dont just buy a vr6 corrado its because the vehicle has had a fair amount of money spent on it and got a lot of main dealer history.

The transponder box should plug into a plastic pick up ring that sits around the ignition barrel.

Does this help at all?

yes i have that bit, but there are more wires

2 grey wires, one of which plugs into ecu, the other?? aprantly the diagnostic port acording to autodata. and then i have one fat brown wire that has black sheething over it (earth) and then one thin black wire...?? (ign live?)