Sign in to follow this  
stormdog

new windscreen

Does anyone know where i can purchase a new windscreen glass that i can fit myself? Major companys want 250-350 to supply and fit and i just want to buy one loose if poss.

Ta

Claim on your insurance mate, about £50/60 excess these days :clap: unless of course you did the silly thing and took out a policy without this cover???? :shock: if so give yourself a slap on the wrist and dont do it again :grin:

Oh man gutted for you! my partner (Butterfly) had her 8v insured thirp party fire & theft and that didn't include cover either only she had to spend £350 on a new screen too which made the total cost including insurance for that year about £200 more than it would have been fully comp. :cuckoo:

Am sure you wont forget it next time you insure.

Best of luck mate and let us know how you get on.

Try the dealers too! you never know.

GB Windscreens in Edinburgh doing me a huge favour by fitting a new one this sunday for £200! mouldings costing £5 + vat and postage from www.rejel.com a bargain as most want £48 + vat. Top that off with with a fresh paintjob in porsche gt3 orange on fri and sat and i'm now a happy bunny!

Ok mate, how was it under the screen too by the way? can be really nasty sometimes :pale:

Save yourself a fair bit if you cancelled your policy and got a new one with windscreen cover. As mentioned, £60 odd in excess, maybe £25 cancellation charge? Over £100 in your sky rocket!

got the car all prepped today, under the windscreen was pretty much ok, bit of surface rust but the cars a good un anyway, was a bit of a shit getting the old one out though, paint going on tomorrow and screen now gettin fitted on monday. Looks like its had a screen before and they had bonded the trim for the headlining to the windscreen also, so a new one of them needed also! lol

:shock: wow thats gonna be bright! :shades: will certainly see you coming anyway!