Sign in to follow this  
oldskoolkool

running prob help needed!

hi chaps/chapesses

ive got a problem that i really cant get to the bottem of ill start from the top! about a month ago i was having idle problems and could not find the fault it was like a small vaccume leak and the only way of keeping the revs donw was to clamp the front vaccume hose so i did ! time went on and it got worse cant really remember what was going on tbh lol but then it started to breaking down on me and the only way of starting it from warm was to unplug the right hand sensor on the metering head but it wouldnt start from cold then so ive been basically nursing her! i now if i start her from cold i have to plug that sensor in let it idle for 6 mins then the revs drop because it wont rev and unplug the sensor then i can drive off if i plug it in when its hot it will idle but will not rev its like a hunting situation when i toutch the throttle brum brum brum brum so i cannot run it with it plugged in but i cannot start it in the morning with it unplugged!! :censored:

ive expelled everything ive changed the metering head, 5th injector, checked the knock sensor, replaced the distributer, and its really :censored: me off!!

its a late 2.0 16v sorry for the really long explanation but its the only way of explaining it !!

any bit of light would be sooo great !!!

thanks liam