Sign in to follow this  
retro mick69

Help to identify part

Hi newbie to site i just brought my 2nd rado. Its a 1991 G60 (nugget yellow). Im wanting to replace plastic runners on both sides of roof. Anyone tell me part no etc please. Also nugget yellow rado was this a Ltd edition color. Many thanks

Hello and welcome!

Should be:

Roof strips Left 535 853 705 01C

Right 535 853 706 01C

Rear caps for roof strips Left 535 853 719 01C

Right 535 853 720 01C

£33 a side for strips and 1.50 for the caps. I'd use http://www.gpcvwaudi.com/

Don't think Nugget Yellow was ltd, but it certainly isn't common. 8)

Yellow certainly isn't common - so whilst not officially limited, it's one of the less common colours :)

thanks for reply jim ive searched the site for info on nugget yellow models . Mine is a G60 which i understand fewer were produced. I was wondering about my insurance value if there aint many about does this effect the value. Its in A1 condition inside & out. 4 owners & Full vwsh. Mileage 105,300. I have Agreed value insurance for £3,400. This would easily replace.

Hard to say, I'd say that if you paid £3,400? thats kind of the market value but I doubt it would make much difference to say go for £4000 interms of insurance premiums. Perhaps worth trawling to see what other similar mileage G60s are going for. Unique paint, like yellow, is a double edge sword, priced at a premium for its rarity yet perhaps reduces its potential customer base (I like the Nuggets!). Also be careful of the small print of the insurance, often the value just determines the Max pay out for a total loss... that doesn't mean they will actually pay it without a fuss! Keep as much detail about it as poss, all the work/photos etc.

Don't know about anyone else but I want to see some pics on a members thread 8)