Sign in to follow this  
dutchboy

lucky boy!!

I'm in the position where I can have a corrado shell for absolutely nothing!! its a 1990 valver.

It's garaged and the lad i know will allow me to do whatever i want to it in the comfort of his own garage, using all his tools!!!!

How good is that!!!

I need to know where to start. I'm sure alot of you have done similar projects before and was wondering if you have any guidance?

The bodywork is good but it is starting to shed it's laquer so I'm thinking of sanding it all down to bare metal and having it sprayed.

Please any pointers would be much appreciated. Thanks!!!!!!

yeah it would but I can take take the shell to my college where they can spray it and bake it for the cost of the paint!!!

Well then you definately are a lucky boy!! :grin:

Would love to be in a situation like that where you can get a car sprayed for fap all

Definately the place to start when the car is stripped.. get it prepped and get it painted, and in the mean time you can start thinking about what engine to stick in it, etc!

Personally if I was in that position I would be seam welding and putting a weld in cage in it. Full on motorsport project instead of bling merchant. Does it have a sunroof? If it does bin it.

Is it actually good to go back to bare metal? Surely thats actually increasing the chance of any corrosion happening before paint is applied?

Id go for something like this, minus the mirrors.

Yeah well I'm not sure what to do with the shell?

How far do you sand it back?

My plan was to start with the shell and get it perfect.

Not sure what color? Originally silver but I love Alpine white like I have on my corrado now.

Choices choices......

Hi

i would never do a bare metal respray unless it totally humid free ,

personally flat it back to a smooth finish and go from there

remember when flatting and prepping paint if you can feel a problem or bump it will show in the final finish .

Bit of a problem. I now have no garage to do it in :(

I'm on with sorting something out so hopefully the project can continue!!

IM SOOO JEALOUS!

id get a good plan sorted cos if your gonna be changing the bodywork, rolling/pulling arches, dropping engines in and out then you wanna do everything b4 the spray. afterthoughts always cost loads of money!!

id get a really good idea of how you want the car to look etc and then go from there

yeah I'm gonna do a dummy build in the unprepared shell then take it all apart then start again.

But at the moment: no garage = no project!!