Sign in to follow this  
mattplace

g6o acting very strange!!!

i posted a msg last week because my g60 wouldn't start after a charger rebuild. you suggested something was up with the vacuum pipe to ecu. checked that out and then tried to start it again.

this is the weird bit! :- eventually got car started after turning it over for ages (prob 15 secs) but with loads of spluttering and engine shaking as if it was running on 2 cyl's. seemed to sort itself out and then ran fine for a few minuites with me gently revving it to no more than 2500rpm.

turned it off to see if it would re-start again but it wouldn't. it was turning over but not even a splutter - just as before!

its cold in my workshop - would that have any effect?????

i read somewhere that when the battery is low, engine management dumps an extra 25% fuel in. could that have an effect???

any suggestions would be very appreciated because i'm gonna kick sh1t out of it soon!!! :x

i read somewhere that when the battery is low, engine management dumps an extra 25% fuel in. could that have an effect???

any suggestions would be very appreciated because i'm gonna kick sh1t out of it soon!!! :x

Was ANY other work done at the same time as the charger ??

If not then it should be possible to narrow your list of possible causes.

Low battery on my G60 - If it has enough power to spin the engine then it starts, if it doesn't have enough to spin the engine then the alarm goes berserk !!

i have changed the dizzy cap and rotor arm, vaccuum hose to ecu (1metre long). also gave it a service (oil, filters, disks and pads). i definately put the leads on the right order.

the car was running fine before the charger re-build apart from some smoke because the oil seals in the charger were fooked.

thanks for replying.

p.s. also changed back lights to M3 style. don't think that won't make it start though!!! :?

is it worth doube checking the plug leads..a guy on the gti forum posted a similar prob..eventually it came out that the leads were on wrong

Maybe try putting the old dizzy cap back on as the new one may be the problem

Seen that on a 16V, it ran real nasty on the new cap. There were only 3 contacts inside the cap!!

Gavin