Sign in to follow this  
aclwalker

Where to get extra gauges now that vagparts.com is no more?

I've just found out that http://www.vagparts.com has gone bust. I was going to order an extra gauges kit (centre console VDO thing for the voltage and oil pressure) but held off because I've been unemployed for most of last year (and still am) thanks to Gordon Brown.

Where can this kit be bought now? I've been reading on other forums that the guy at vagparts actually ordered his parts direct from VW in Germany. This suggests that the RHD versions of these extra gauges must still be available at VW in Germany too. Anyone know if that's the case?

Also, my sunroof has broken recently. I think it's the common failure that everyone gets, i.e. on tilt it goes up but only comes back down on one side because the metal runner thing has sheared off and the remaining bit needs slid along manually with a knife! I think vagparts sold a sunroof repair kit too.

Any idea of where to get these now at reasonable prices?

I'm sure there were other things of interest on vagparts.com but the website has now gone so I can't check any more.

What a sad time right now. The world is going crazy. I should have bought these items when I had the chance but I've been trying to watch my money cos I've not got a job.