Sign in to follow this  
MAN23H

Help....parts need sourcing

Not posted for a while, and not up on my research....car pretty much moth balled for 18 months.

Going to get the beast ('95 VR6) back on the road, so dropped it in for a service...here's the list;

Rear wiper split (?!)

Front Strut Tops worn

Idle Value - £209.95 + VAT quoted

ABS Pump - £1,468.66 ( :nono: ) + VAT quoted

HT Lead Set

Done a quick search and found the Idle Value for £80 less....Question is can any one recommend a quality/reliable/value place or breakers I can source these parts (not the wiper blade)? I seem to remember ECP & GSF, any good still?

Also looking for recommendations on uprated HT Leads....what's good?

Cheers All.

ABS pump & idle valve - just get those from folks breaking VR6's on here - they come up all the time! I've bought various working ISV's for £15 a time :)

For the HT leads check out http://www.vwspares.co.uk - £48.95+VAT for VR's with a distributor, or £58.95+VAT for VR's with a coilpack. They're Beru leads too which are an OEM supplier :)

Probably get the front strut tops from the same place too - good prices on those and Febi bits are pretty good :)

on a side note now i know whos blackberry corrado it was that appeared in the banner :lol:

on a side note now i know whos blackberry corrado it was that appeared in the banner :lol:

Yeah that's me....

I see you took some style queues..... :wink:

Thanks for the tips....anymore for anymore?? Or is anyone breaking and has these parts available?????

Cheers all!