Sign in to follow this  
storm_warning

Replacement for the fog lights

I was in Halfords the other night buying some lightbulbs and noticed these things http://www.ringautomotive.co.uk/product ... 8&cat3=207

Ah! thinks I, not the most attractive things around, but one of them may be just the right size to swap out the always broken fog lights... only upon closer inspecion, they're not.

But I went trawling the interweb after that looking at lights that could possibly fit in the fog light space and be a decent replacement over the OE ones. And found nothing. I am usless :(

So what does that leave us? Original one, guranteed to crack, or those crystal one from In Pro (I think)? Anyone know of anything else that can be persuaded to fit in there and look like it's supposed to??

On a side note, anyone tried an LED replacement bulb inside there yet?

to be honest, i was quite pleased with a good few thousand miles on most surfaces with my brand new fogs protected by the lamin-x film. i think it just takes the edge of the impact off anything but the largest stone hits - its rare that the lenses actually break, they just suffer from a pointed impact of two hard surfaces which the film can soften.

shame i went and smashed them after all that :)