Sign in to follow this  
Jay2

Jacking up the Corrado Query? Is there a definitive answer?

Seem to have less of an idea about where to jack up the C, (and then put on axle stands for a few days), after doing a search of the forum? :scratch:

Everyone seems to contradict each other or disagree. :shrug:

The two main ones I found were:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=67820&p=788151&hilit=jacking+points#p788151

viewtopic.php?t=26559&highlight=jacking+points

Going to be doing one side of the car and then the other, so will be at least two wheels on the ground for safety. But as its going to be up in the air for at least 48 hours I want to get the points right and not damage anything.

Was planning on jacking up the C using the official jacking points on the side of the car, but wasn't sure if the mounting plate on the jack should be to the outer edge of the sill or the other side, inner, of the sort of metal lip? Or should I put a groove in a block of wood, (to avoid crushing the metal lip/strip), to give as wide an area as possible where the jacking dimple is?

Sorry to sound like a numpty, but last time I tried this I cracked the sill on the C and discovered a previous bodge job and a very large rust hole. Was a real brown trouser moment when it went with a bang! :pale:

Looking at the two previous queries the best place for the rear axle stand is on the huge rear beam? But I'm lost with the front end? The pic from boost monkey is a bit too far away to make out the exact point for the stands.

Any help, advice in plain english and pics would be appreciated, as hoping to get on with the job this week. :help:

The actual jacking points are fine - I tend to jack up there and then put axle stands onto the wishbones. My Corrado has been worked on a few times and never had any problems with that setup!

As 1 of those is a thread of mine i should say i used boostmonkeys points on the diagram and it was sat like that on axle stands on his points for a good 6 month, solid as a rock, i did some sreious swinging on stuff and all my weight on the car.