Sign in to follow this  
julesz

Oil light/bleep

G60 Jet

I'll be over in Rio Real in June, have a place in there. I'll be over for a few weeks, bit of golf etc if your around.

Cool I'll see you at silks for a drink on the beach!!

baffled sump probly a good idea. bought one at some point for the sky from autocavan for bout 50 squid not sure where it went though.

anyone know where you can get um now for the cheap money

Resurrecting this thread as I'm having the same problem, warning light comes on sometimes when the car is cold, then goes out as it warms up or sometimes if I just rev the car.

I want to put in a proper gauge just to make sure its not the sensor (and I'm curious what the pressure is exactly) - anyone know what thread the pressure sensor by the oil filter is?

Going to give the wiring connectors a good cleaning and see if that helps at all, in the meantime.

Thanks

Skye

its a sensor happened on my cousins 16v i'll get the exact details for u by 2mrow costs abt 12 quid

Same thing is happening on my G60. There is another thread in problems called "Overheating G60!!!" which goes into it in a bit more detail i think. Big thanks to Henny on that one, still waiting for prices for the bits.

Well I think this might have something to do with it, I cleaned up the pressure sensor with some brake cleaner, I'll see if it helps at all, although it doesn't always bleeeeep when it's cold. Engine oil was at "min" mark too, so I filled it up to the "max" mark. I have a loose dipstick tube which probably isn't helping anything. So many little things to fix...

Anyway if anyone can give me the thread pitch/size for the fitting so I can put in a generic gauge temporarily that would be fab

PS looks like I know why the oil temp sensor isn't working, there's nothing attached!! Not sure where the wire is either... is there supposed to be a spade connector hanging off the sensor or something?

Skye

oil-sensors.jpg

I think thats one of the pressure senders. The temp sender is on the right of the engine block and has a blue and black wire connected. But you are right, you should have something connected there. If you look at the post I mentioned above it should help ypu out.

Did U sort it? What was it?

I have the same problem on my 2.0 16v! Ran the car up the M54 pretty hard (120), then slowed right down to 30(ish) into a town, came off an island floored, it and the oil light came on, and started beeping. Pulled over, left the car running a bit, and it went off - I carried on with no more problems...? This has happened once before, but I think that was my level the first time, as it was a bit low!

I am told it is oil pressure aka the oil pump, gonna replace it along with the filter (best to be safe than sorry, eh?), gonna clean out the feeder pipe too!

Did U sort it? What was it?

I have the same problem on my 2.0 16v! Ran the car up the M54 pretty hard (120), then slowed right down to 30(ish) into a town, came off an island floored, it and the oil light came on, and started beeping. Pulled over, left the car running a bit, and it went off - I carried on with no more problems...? This has happened once before, but I think that was my level the first time, as it was a bit low!

I am told it is oil pressure aka the oil pump, gonna replace it along with the filter (best to be safe than sorry, eh?), gonna clean out the feeder pipe too!

Stoph-16v, that really does sound like oil starvation rather than a gauge fault... I'd get the oil pump looked at ASAP... Also, check which oil grade you are using as thinner oils can give this kind of problem too...

Good luck! :)

I think I've solved my problems, I cleaned up the two oil pressure sensors with brake cleaner, and also fixed the wires to the sensors, they were cracked and frayed and generally about ready to fall apart. Cut them back to good wire and put on new sealed connectors. No oil warning light since then.

Also I fixed my oil temp sensor problem, I found the green/black wire which was supposed to be plugged into the sensor was plugged into the STARTER for some reason!!! duhhh previous owner :mad:

PS I was right, in the pic I posed above, the sensor at the back of the oil filter housing (dirty, with yellow wire) is the 1.8bar oil press sensor, the sensor in front of it with nothing attached is the oil temp sensor (green/black wire), and the 0.3bar oil press sensor is on the right side of the head (looking from the front of the car) where the oil feed line to the 'charger comes out (blue/black wire)

There is also a blue/white wire that isn't connected to anything and according to survey, isn't supposed to be connected.

Skye

spoier Yup, that all sounds right to me too... I'd love to know what the blue/black wire is for... It's probably for the optional oil pressure gauge, but does anyone know for sure?!? :)

The blue/white wire you mean... that's my guess, since it comes out of the same loom as the rest of the sensor wires. Was the oil pressure gauge a factory option on the G60 though?? I thought it was an SLC/VR6 thing.

Skye

The blue/white wire you mean... that's my guess, since it comes out of the same loom as the rest of the sensor wires. Was the oil pressure gauge a factory option on the G60 though?? I thought it was an SLC/VR6 thing.

Skye

D'oh! Yeah I meant blue/white... This heat's getting to me and I'm not thinking straight... :oops:

According to the VW destructions that I've got for my G60 there was the option to have a Volt gauge and an oil pressure gauge, at least on the 92 model... :D

Could it be that we just found out what the blue/WHITE wire does?!? :D

Blue/white wire on mine is connected to nothing but I have perssure, volt, boost and temp gauge fitted. :? Bloody cars, always have bits that don't connect to anything!!

Might simply be that VW used the same loom in a couple of different cars and whatever it hooked up to doesn't exist on the Corrado....

Skye