Sign in to follow this  
dtjames

Door Handle

About 6 months ago, I had my local mechanic fit a door handle to the drivers' side of my VR6. He bought the handle from VW.

The handle has just stopped working again and I assume that the "lug" has snapped as it did last time. Will this part have come with some kind of guarantee?

Damned annoying, as I have been VERY careful with it, pulling straight out rather than up, whilst opening the door.

What more can i do about this stupid problem?

Don't know about warranty on previous part but: iv'e just fitted a new handle to mine and they are £100 from VW, they don't come as a pattern part and are rare as anything from a scrapper. However if you do need a new one fit it yourself it's a piece of piss! just watch out for the left hand thread on the retaining screw and the microswitch cable being tied to the inner skin of the door, it takes about an hour

As far as I know anything should come with at least a 1 year warranty but you may have to have proof of purchase, genuine handles are available from GPC at £45+vat.