Sign in to follow this  
marc c

Should i be shot

I dont post much on here but have been a member for nearly 5 years since getting my first corrado which i sold a couple of months ago to a guy called andy (veedub21 i think)

I thought i would miss it but dont and i was going to use the money to recommission my vr6 but being out of work meant the money soon went.

Now i am in a bit of a dilemma as i have a mk2 golf mk4 golf and a vr6 corrado and no job

I love driving the mk2 as it is like a go cart the mk4 is a nice comfortable ride.

The corrado hasnt turned a wheel in 2 and years and i dont think i will ever get it back on the road as an ongoing back problem means i am unable to get comfortable driving it

I need to do something with it ideally it needs a repaint as the body is edgey to say the least thats not a problem though as im a painter by trade but the cost of new trims paint cost of mot etc is something that i havent got right now

Ive thought about it a lot and would like to use the vr6 running gear in my mk2 because it is the ideal doner

So should i break a 1 owner corrado take what i need sell on the rest or sell it complete and buy a mk3 golf instead for the conversion

Im not looking to sell at the moment im just trying to weigh up my options

Opinions please

Cheers Marc

its really up to you marc, if youve already got what you need with the corrado then maybe break it. vr6's arent selling for much money at the moment but its entirely up to you..

by the way the alpine is looking lovely, had the whole front end re-sprayed the roof, tailgate and rear bumper and it will shortly be sporting a set of grey leather recaro's :D

get some pics up of the said vr...

regards,

Andy

I did consider painting 469 but it would have been a full windows out doors bonnet tailgate and bumper removal job but didnt think i could justify which is why it was time to part company

Im glad you are taking it to the next stage

What was the problem with the paint work you had done Id like to see some pictures

As for my VR ill get some pics up when i drag it out of my mums garage

Cheers Marc

I did consider painting 469 but it would have been a full windows out doors bonnet tailgate and bumper removal job but didnt think i could justify which is why it was time to part company

Im glad you are taking it to the next stage

What was the problem with the paint work you had done Id like to see some pictures

As for my VR ill get some pics up when i drag it out of my mums garage

Cheers Marc

it was stonechips and the two scrapes on the front bumper, couple of stone chips on the wings and a stone chip on the roof. tiny tiny dent in the tailgate and a couple of small marks on the rear bumper.

all age related really..

had it painted but they left a run in the front bumper so had to take it back, though its going back again prob next week to have one other blemish sorted out..

plenty of pics of it in my members gallery..

look forward to pics of the vr.