Sign in to follow this  
Bolster

Book Value

Without trying to spark off any "how much is your Corrado worth?" debates - does anyone know the book value for Corrados? VR6, G60 ...

For the sake of argument - let's say the latest VR6 - '95 with 90,000 on the clock. (for example)

Depends a lot really. Leather/aircon/standard/modded etc all affect the price quite a lot.

Mileage isn't always the deciding factor either. A 95 VR with 140k could have been more loved and in better condition than a 95 VR with 70k on that's been thrashed from cold every morning and not looked after.

Very roughly, 95 VR with 90k could be around £4.5k to £5.5k.

"book" value also doesn't take into account the "cult" and "enthusiastic" following the Corrado has either......going by Parker's just the other day.....and Parker's is wildly optimistic too :roll: even they put late Corrado VR6's at the wrong side of £5k!!! and thats with average miles and in A1 condition!!! :shock: hate to see what Glass's or CAP value them at!!! :shock: :shock: ..........."Book" prices really are just used by the trade,which unfortunately affects us too.......... :? :(

The Book Values in the Glasses guide and such like relate to models and some varients such as the storm, Aircon and other extras dont effect the book price.

the book price is made via dealers returning data on there car sales figures for each make and model, then an average price is marked out. This is why you may see brand new cars listed in a guide and only a NEW price shown with no trade in or retail price shown.

the book price is then altered to reflect the state of the car, Aircon will make the car more desirable, but will infact not add much to the buying price for a dealer, but will increase the selling price as you would expect. at the end of the day though the car is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

The Book Values in the Glasses guide and such like relate to models and some varients such as the storm, Aircon and other extras dont effect the book price.

the book price is made via dealers returning data on there car sales figures for each make and model, then an average price is marked out. This is why you may see brand new cars listed in a guide and only a NEW price shown with no trade in or retail price shown.

the book price is then altered to reflect the state of the car, Aircon will make the car more desirable, but will infact not add much to the buying price for a dealer, but will increase the selling price as you would expect. at the end of the day though the car is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

sorry nigel........but AFAIK its actually auction houses where CAP and Glass's get the majority of their USED car data/prices etc....then they work out average prices for the cars

vr6storm, no mate its from the car dealers, My G/F's dad is a car dealer here in spain, and was a major car dealer in the UK before moving here. thats how it works according to him. both in spain and the UK

..... Aircon and other extras dont effect the book price........

Of course they do!!

They may not add 'x' amount to a cars selling price. A dealer (or auction house, once you and Roddy make your minds up ;) :p), will charge more for a car with aircon, leather, electric recarro's etc etc than they would for the same car without the options.

You're not telling me that if a dealer had two identical cars apart from one having every option available and the other one having none, they would sell them both for the same price??

Course not, so price goes up, average price goes up and therefore book value goes up. As the average covers all the cars sold, it is the middle ground for that model's value - if a car comes along with every extra under the sun, it is in theory better than average and so worth more than the book price.

I choose to ignore book prices I when I buy a car know what I can afford , and I know what I want the hard work is finding it after three months of searching trader VWmotoring and the internet I found mine Corrado VR6 71000 miles full history,receipteven tax discs , totally stock with the leather, one owner serviced soon after I bought it at VW dealership and they couldn't fault it except the handle to tip the drivers seat was broken and cost me £2.39.Bought for £5900 and I have to say I am chuffed to bits its the tits of a car, but I did have a round trip of over 240miles to collect it which I didn't mind because it gave me 120miles to play on the way home 8)

..... Aircon and other extras dont effect the book price........

Of course they do!!

They may not add 'x' amount to a cars selling price. A dealer (or auction house, once you and Roddy make your minds up ;) :p), will charge more for a car with aircon, leather, electric recarro's etc etc than they would for the same car without the options.

You're not telling me that if a dealer had two identical cars apart from one having every option available and the other one having none, they would sell them both for the same price??

Course not, so price goes up, average price goes up and therefore book value goes up. As the average covers all the cars sold, it is the middle ground for that model's value - if a car comes along with every extra under the sun, it is in theory better than average and so worth more than the book price.

Like i said the Book price is not effected buy extras, unless the book has a specific varent that had standard extras like a Pug 206 and a pug 206 ps2 special edition for example. the dealer will adjust the book price to suit the cars toys, the older the car the less the cars value is effected by extras. the book price remains the same. like i said the book price is an averaged figure. which the dealer is ment to adjust when buying and selling. in most car price guides you will find three prices

New price

Trade price at which the dealer buys at and the

Retail or forcourt price, this is the price you would expect to pay for a given car.

If somebody offered me book for my car I'd tell them to pi%% off. So IMO when it comes to the C its not worth the paper it is printed on. If I was buying say a 1 year old golf then I would have a look and use that as a reference.

How many C's are sold via dealers these days? I would imagine across the country not very much so the data they have will not reflect the true value of the cars. Due to the lack of it.

Which dealers get to put the data in the book if it is only franchises then again for older cars the whole thing is just flawed.

If somebody offered me book for my car I'd tell them to pi%% off. So IMO when it comes to the C its not worth the paper it is printed on. If I was buying say a 1 year old golf then I would have a look and use that as a reference.

How many C's are sold via dealers these days? I would imagine across the country not very much so the data they have will not reflect the true value of the cars. Due to the lack of it.

Which dealers get to put the data in the book if it is only franchises then again for older cars the whole thing is just flawed.

i think VW dealers stopped "selling" used Corrados just over a year ago maybe even 2 years :roll: ......when i first started looking for a C in late 1999 at one point my local stealer had 3 VR's for sale........though all with price tags over £13k :shock: and of course a 22k mile N-reg 2.0 8v auto for over £10k :shock: :shock: which never sold til 2001 for £7k!!! :wink:

i dont believe in book prices,the corrado is only worth what some one will pay or how desperate some one is for the money,when i was looking for my yellow g60 they all seemed to be around the 4500 mark yet i only payed 2200 for mine and it was the best i looked at.

GLASS's and other dealers black books take the serious pi$$,,,,ive never seen a car sold for the price in their books

2p's clunk