Sign in to follow this  
Steve&Claire

OK, two questions for you all

Fancying a change from quality german engineering, I have purchased a poor piece of french engineering (don't ask), a Renault 19 16v. My wife has taken some OZ alloys off her Corrado 'cos they weren't big enough for her (keep your dirty jokes to yourselves please), and I wonder whether they would fit the Renault. The PCD and offset are the same, but the counterbore is 3mm different in size (VW wheels having the larger counterbore). Do you think this will make much difference regarding safety?

The other question I have is, does anyone know where I can get alloy wheels painted a different colour in the South (I don't want them peeling after 6 months). Cheers all

As long as the Offset and PCDs are the same, the only thing you need to do is to buy some plastic spiggot rings (I'm pretty sure they're called that anyway :? )...

These are basically a spacer that makes the centers fit properly ensuring that the wheels are dead center on the hub... Most alloy wheel retailers will have them, and they aren't expensive... 8)

As for repainting wheels, I have no idea 'cos I'm a northerner... :p :lol:

mmm. I here what you're saying, but a plastic ring with an O/D or 60mm and an I/D of 57mm!!! I think I could have problems there. :?

Nah, I would imagine that a lot of alloy places have stuff like that in stock... In fact, Google " "spigot ring" + "OZ" " and you'll get a place that sells 'em! :lol: 8)

You do need them though, as otherwise your wheel may be slightly off center which will cause a vibration that will damage your suspension, possibly the wheel as well which could cause it to come loose and even come off! :shock: Not one to mess about with for the sake of a couple of quid.... :wink: