Sign in to follow this  
jonybravo

thoughts on these alloys

pics are fine mate, and the rims look the business.

Can i ask where you got your spacers from? I know someone who can source them for me but he has asked me the following question which I'm not sure of the answer:

"H&R do do spacers for the Corrado, I assume your car is a type 53 i. I need to know the bolt size and type"

If you can help me out that would be great, want to make sure I get the right spacers, hubcentric ones of course.

i'm not sure of the answer to that either :)

i got the FK 30mm System B kit from Venom (15mm per side) these are hubcentric and of the type that you first bolt to your hubs then you bolt the wheels to the spacers (the same way pcd adapters work). The bolts that you get with your new wheels will be too long so you need to chop about 5mm off each one. if you go with with those make sure you phone and ask venom for the current magazine price as its cheaper than their web price

all a bit of a faff, but worth it as I agree they do look the business :)

another moral of the story is don't believe rimstyle and their claim that their website will only list wheels that will 100% fit your car!!

not sure on numbers - basically did the front as far as I dared and the back a bit higher for a slight noce down look - which was handy in the end as when I had the standard sebrings on I could have gone lower but then would have had to start raise the back to fit the rotas. will go and do some measuring in a bit and give you some numbers.

tried to PM you borabob but it's not working for some reason, my question was:

Your tyres are 195/45/16 and i notice that you can also get tyres in a 205/45/16 on these rims

Any idea what the difference would be?

cheers

ps, ordered those spacers, they have arrived already!

they are wider tyres so you're not going to get quite as much stretch. not an issue of course but the extra bit of stretch with a 195/45 means less chance of clearance issues with your arches - little bit more space to play with, flip side of that is that the outside edge of your rim is less protected by tyre...

haven't forgotten about numbers - just not had chance yet, hopefully post them up this eve....

right actually got chance to measure and she is sitting as follows:

(measurements taken from centre point of arch to the floor)

front: 56cm

rear: 58cm

so fairly respectable especially at the front and at the back really considering its running pretty wide tyres and lowish offset - and no rubbing

HTH

Right, was just about to order these alloys, and after reading the spec on the website I wasn't convinced that these rims weigh as little as 4.9KG. So I've googled them and they actually weigh 8.2KG. Bit annoyed that rimstyle lead you to believe that they weigh less than what they do :nono:

Borabob, I know you have these rims on, have you noticed any difference in handling or performance? And is 8.2kg for a wheel actually that heavy or is that considered light?

i'm quite a conservative driver so in terms of handling, not really noticed any difference though yoko s-drives I specced them with do seem very sticky.

(though if buying a again I would get something else as have noticed road noise is a lot louder with those tyres compared to the toyo px4 i had on the sebrings)

not as comfy as the original wheels but hell, with low pro stretched tyre thats what I was expecting, not something that really bothers me as I only drive the car 10miles a day

weight wise 8.2kg for a 16x8 wheel is certainly not heavy, though you could say not overly light either. they seemed to me to weigh less than the sebrings

oh and after living with them for a bit I have decided they are bitch to keep clean :lol: cos of the huge dish there a massive surface area which pics up grime

wouldn't change them though :D (that said I do keep wondering whether the black centred ones would have been easier to maintain)

Cheers!

:clap:

I ordered them yesterday, but they are out of stock so going to have to wait a couple of weeks for them to arrive. I was considering the black centred onces as well, but felt in the end the silver just looked better.

Can you put some wax / polish on the dish so that the grime just wipes away?

Can't wait for them to arrive!

:)

when you get them Also buy some RimWax!

Awsome stuff and does Protect the wheels!

nice, pretty sure ours are the only 2 rado's in the world with these wheels on :clap: which is strange as I think they suit it so well

dish ftw

another moral of the story is don't believe rimstyle and their claim that their website will only list wheels that will 100% fit your car!!

They are surely talking standard cars they cant account for peoples modifications that wouldnt be fair ,

NICE rims thou :salute: