Sign in to follow this  
charly_vrsexy

white badges? does it happen?

just bought an L reg VR6, as i explained in other posts its been stood up since 2005, Ive seen Chrome badges and black badges but I havent seen a white badge, is it that I need to get out more, although coming from the crap hole place I do, if i start lookin at people cars too closely I may be arrested! or is that I had chrome and they have gone bad,no trace of chrome anywhere, the car is green pearl,if anything I would have thought the badges would have been black.suggestions??

rear corrado badge was body coloured until the facelift in 1992, then they went chrome, other model badges are usually red or chrome.

If your badges are white/light grey, they'll be "chrome" ones that the silver's come off and it's the plasic showing through!

Can of Satin-black Plasticoat is your friend! (for grill and rear VW badges anyway!)

the round VW badge on the rear of car always ends up white/grey, they start off chrome and it wears/flakes off.

rear corrado badge was body coloured until the facelift in 1992, then they went chrome, other model badges are usually red or chrome.

Not completely true ... the VR had body coloured badges into 1993 as well. I think the change to chrome badges is more closely linked to the later change to coilpack ignition rather than the facelift change. in 1992.